2015 Severe Storms & Doppler Radar Conference
Apply for the Pam Daale Scholarship!!
*** Abstract submission deadline Friday, February 20, 2015 ***
Abstracts are encouraged on all aspects of severe weather. Send abstracts to Dr. William Gallus at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate if you would prefer an oral or poster presentation
March 26th - March 28th, 2015
Courtyard by Marriott
*** Conference Update - Invited Speakers (01/06/2015) ***
- Karen Kosiba, Center for Severe Weather Research, will be the banquet speaker and will discuss the history of Doppler On Wheels (DOW) observations of tornadoes.
- Leigh Orf, Central Michigan University, will show some of the most amazing numerical simulations ever performed of a tornadic supercell.
- Todd Yacoubian, KATV in Little Rock, will discuss the Vilonia, AR tornado.
- A variety of speakers, including Ben McMillan and Tony Laubach, will address the Pilger, NE twin EF4 tornadoes.
- Gene Willers, President of Midwest Bank in Pilger, NE and winner of the 2014 Nebraska's Citizen Hero Award, will tell his amazing story of saving lives of his employees and customers as the tornado destroyed Pilger.
- Another popular, hands-on, interactive radar workshop.
For the second year in a row, we will award the Tim Samaras Award for Best Student Presentation, which will be given at the end of the conference. A cash prize of $200 will be given to the best oral presentation by a student, with a prize of $150 for the best student poster presentation. All current undergraduate and graduate students are eligible.