2019 Severe Storms & Doppler Radar Conference
Apply for a Central Iowa NWA Scholarship - See Links to right!!
*** Abstract submission deadline Thursday, February 28, 2019 ***
Abstracts are encouraged on all aspects of severe weather. Send abstracts to Dr. William Gallus at email@example.com
Please indicate if you would prefer an oral or poster presentation
March 28th - March 30th, 2019
Courtyard by Marriott
(Last day for Early Bird Registration is Saturday, Marth 9th)
*** Conference Update - Invited Speakers (02/01/2019) ***
To kick off our 23rd conference, we are bringing in some very special invited speakers:
- Dr. Leigh Orf, University of Wisconsin-Madison, will be our banquet speaker and present his amazing super high-resolution modeling results of a tornadic thunderstorm.
- Dr. Matt Parker, North Carolina State University, will cover the challenges of predicting whether or not a rotating storm produces a tornado.
- Stanley Kite, Director of Craven County Emergency Management, will speak on Hurricane Florence's impacts.
- Justin Kiefer from WMBB-TV in Panama City will discuss Hurricane Michael.
- Gayland Kitch (Emergency Manager from Moore, OK) will take a look back at the 1999 Moore F5 tornado.
- Alex Hoon, NWS - Reno, will cover the Redding, CA firenado of 2017 and the recent Camp fire.
- NWS-DMX forecasters and Steve Flann and Billy Fox of Vermeer Inc. in Pella, IA will discuss the July 19 tornado outbreak, while DMX forecasters cover the severe flash flood in June in Des Moines.
- Another popular, hands-on, interactive radar workshop.