2013 Severe Storms & Doppler Radar Conference
Don't miss the Interactive Doppler Radar and Warning Workshop!
Click for details!!
April 4th - 6th, 2013
Courtyard by Marriott
2405 SE Creekview Drive
Ankeny, IA 50021
- Dr. Lou Wicker from NSSL will be the banquet speaker talking about state-of-the-art numerical modeling of severe weather.
- Troy Albert, principal of the Henryville, IN school destroyed in the March 2 tornado outbreak, will share his incredible survival story and lessons learned.
- Dennis Cavanaugh from NWS-DFW will discuss the April 3 Dallas-Ft. Worth metro tornado outbreak.
- Steve Castaner (FEMA) and Jane Cage (Joplin Citizens Advisory Recovery Team) will discuss recovery efforts in the year since the Joplin EF-5 tornado.
- Greg Carbin (SPC) will discuss the April 14 Central US tornado outbreak and the first-ever Day 2 High Risk.
- Jason Samenow from the Capital Weather Gang will discuss the use of new media in warning the public of the June 29 derecho event.
- Another popular hands-on, interactive radar workshop.
- A new career mentoring event for students.
- Expert panel discussion on how to get the public to act on warnings.