*** Virtual Conference Update - Confirmed Speakers (03/25/2020) ***
The following speakers have been confirmed for the March 27th, 2020 virtual conference:
- Tim Marshall, Haag Engineering, will be our banquet speaker, discussing tornado damage within heavily urban areas, to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Lubbock F5.
- Josh Johnson, WSFA-TV Montgomery, AL, will discuss what his station did to warn viewers during the deadly Beauregard, AL EF4 tornado of March 3, 2019.
- Jana Houser, Ohio University, will present on "Recent Advances in our Understanding of Tornadogenesis."
- Adam Clark, NSSL, will give two talks, one on recent NOAA Hazardous Weather Testbed Spring Forecast experiments, and the other on the May 20, 2019 High Risk failure event.
- Adam Houston, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, covering "Using Unmanned Aircraft Systems for Severe Local Storms Research and Forecasting".
- Jason Dunn, NWS-DFW, will speak on the Dallas, TX tornadoes of October 20, 2019.
- Tyler Roney, KDLT-TV in Sioux Falls, SD, will speak on the nocturnal tornado event that hit the city on the night of September 10, 2019.
- Brian Bajenbruch, SOO, NWS-Omaha, on flood impacts in eastern Nebraska and the evacuation of WFO Omaha.
- Jeremey Wesley, NWS-Hasting, speaking on flood impacts in central Nebraska, and how they provided backup operations during the evacuation of NWS-Omaha.